Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24

Today was the last day of demonstration speeches and I must say, I have some pretty talented students! They all have really interesting hobbies and did such a good job speaking. I'm so proud and impressed!

Today the birthday fun continued because my friends are awesome! First, I came home to a package from Eliza with my birthday present in it. Her and Ian picked out three records for me since I got a record player to help me build my collection! I've been listening to the Beatles all evening and am now listening to the Caribou album. I love them. It was such a thoughtful gift! I'm so thankful for friends and friendships like the one I have with Eliza, because I honestly think it's rare to find someone who just gets you on so many levels.


ALSO! Caleb had made homemade lasagna over Christmas break and I had commented on his photo of it, so he made it for me for my birthday! SO SUPER NICE OF HIM because I know that lasagna is a pain in the ass to make and takes a long time. It was also delicious! And now I have a ton of leftovers. Between the lasagna and birthday cake, my carb and sugar intake is going to spike. I know. I'm spoiled...but I'm so grateful for everyone and everything.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad you liked your presents! You are too thoughtful--we do have a rare, special friendship indeed.

    Also, that lasagna looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete