Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22

Speech day today! I'm really happy with my student's speeches so far. They've been doing really well and have all picked pretty interesting topics. Today I learned things like how to do a back flip, how to make candied bacon, and how to make corn hole boards. I'm impressed and hopeful for the rest of the semester!

Tonight I went to see Eugene Robinson speak as part of the MLK, Jr. events on campus. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. For a person who's job is to work in the media as a writer and on-screen reporter, he wasn't that well spoken. He also kind of just rambled and got off point pretty easily. There was a Q & A session, which I thought would be interesting, buuut it wasn't. There were maybe two questions that were actually pertinent to his background and the rest were just kind of random and general. I was mad at myself because I thought of a question, but it was too late. I always do that.

I got a new cookbook for Christmas and have been picking out recipes to try. Tonight I took a shot at blueberry muffins and peanut butter banana muffins. The blueberry ones turned out okay, but I think the best are the peanut butter banana ones. They look pretty too.


No comments:

Post a Comment