Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14

Monday funday! ...said no one ever. This Monday wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. Monday's just kind of stink because they're 12 hour days for me with large lecture, meeting, office hours, and then class. Today was actually much more productive than I thought it would be, but I still feel like I'm behind on things. This feeling of impending doom just never goes away. My thesis is a constant deadline, and I'm consistently anxious and stressed about grad school applications. I wish I could just turn my brain off for a day.

I really enjoyed class tonight. We talked about the definition of rhetorical criticism and applied it to Robert Kennedy's speech in Indy following the assassination of MLK Jr. as well as the new MLK Jr. monument in D.C. It was extremely interesting and I now want to go to D.C. to see the monument and just explore the National Mall. I think the last time I was there was in 8th grade, so a long time ago. It would be fun to do again as an adult. I think I would appreciate everything a lot more. I wish Indiana wasn't so far away.


Came home today to my Birchbox for the month. These days are my favorite. It's a little surprise that makes my day better, especially after spending all day at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment