Tuesday, August 11, 2009

my heart hurts

so project is over. i kinda failed at keeping this blog up as well as i had hoped, but if you want to know more, just ask me, i would be SO more than willing to tell you about my summer.

i can't believe how fast project went. it's so crazy to me. i also can't believe how close i got to everyone there. 31 other students from all over know more about me than i typically would be comfortable with. but somehow i'm okay with that.

i have learned SO much over this summer. honestly. best summer of my life. what's funny to me is that i was so scared to go. i didn't want to go. i considered backing out so many times. but i'm so thankful that God put it in my heart to go, i'm such a different person from it. and i'm so glad.

i've learned so many things from the 31 other amazing students on project with me. i got to see what a true community living for Christ looks like. awesomeness. the other women there showed me love and relationship beyond my imagination and the guys...well let's just say they've set the bar and expectation SUPER high. i'm so thankful. so utterly and absoutley thankful for all of them.

the first few days home have been okay i guess, except for the nagging ache in my heart. it's just hard to think that all of us are never going to be together in chicago the same way that we were this summer. i can't decided if looking at pictures from this summer makes it better or worse. it's also hard to be home because no one here really gets my experience. i have to wait to go back to school to tell my friends there. it's like i'm bursting at the seams to tell everyone how awesome chicago was. i could talk about it forever.

while i'm sad, i know that God has other big things planned for me. things that i couldn't accomplish in chicago. so for that reason i'm excited to get back to school. i'm excited to see how he's going to use me and grow me in the upcoming school year. i'm also excited because the sooner i go back to school the closer i am to christmas conference in indy and re-uinting with everyone from project. :)

so originally this blog was just going to be for the summer, but i'm going to keep it going throughout the school year. mainly because i don't feel like making another one. haha.

1 comment:

  1. So much of what you said here, I feel. I miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete