Monday, August 17, 2009

are you 18?

low of today: (if you even want to consider it a low) i went into the local convenience store for my mom, she wanted lottery tickets, and the cashier carded me.

her: "are you 18?"
me: "huh?"
her: "you know you have to be 18 to buy lottery tickets, right?"
me: "uh, yeah. i'm 21."
her: "okay. can i see your id?"

it was actually kind of amusing. i'm a senior in college, and i was getting asked if i was old enough to buy lottery tickets. ha.

oh. also i have to pack for school. i leave wednesday. i hate packing. hate hate hate it.

highs of today:

i got my web cam in the mail! :) which means that i can skype with all of the lovely project people that i miss so much!

i got a hair cut, it was desperately needed.

i started reading the book of jeremiah today. i didn't get very far because i had to get my mom from work, but i like it. i'm excited to read further into it. i really enjoy how the old testament is written. it's really beautiful. i'm always amazed to find myself enjoying reading the bible. i guess i'm still not used to finding pleasure in it.

god is good. and even though i feel like i'm in a slump, he's always here for me. i just need to remember that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I didn't know you had a blog. now i can stalk you fully! i miss you, girl. i can't wait to skype with you.

    ReplyDelete