Monday, June 22, 2009

humbled

I feel like my brain and heart are on overload from all of the lessons that God is teaching me everyday. It's so humbling to see how well He knows me. He knows my every thought before I think it and is already anticipating how to teach me from those thoughts or from my actions. I'm overwhelmed with my amazement.

This weekend was a good weekend. Saturday morning I went into the city to do pilates in millennium park with some of the girls. it was so cool! i was laying in millennium park doing pilates while looking up at the chicago skyline. how many people can say that they've done that?!

saturday was the day that i decided to take for myself. i went into caribou coffee by myself to spend some time with the Lord. everone on project got this 14 day devotional called "thirsty." it's from cru press. i'm surprised to say that i genuinely enjoy doing it. it's hard. don't get me wrong. the questions it asks and the things it makes you think about are things that have never crossed my mind before. and it takes about a good hour to get through everything. but it really is good. i really like it. and God is revealing so much about Himself to me through it, so how can i not enjoy it?

sunday i went back to the holy trinity church with my group. i'm still deciding how i feel about it. the people there are really nice. i just think that i've become too accustomed to the contemporary style of worship. so i guess it's good that i'm experiencing more traditional this summer. then sunday night my impact group (my Bible study & a men's Bible study) had a potluck dinner. it was SO good! i was surprised at how good of cooks the guys were! it was a lot of fun. next week the guys are cooking for us, if this weeks food was any indication of their ability then i'm not worried. i know it's going to be good!

tonight was re:charge and it was good. nacy (one of the project directors) talked about dealing with conflict. which amazed me at how applicable it was to my life at the moment. it always cracks me up how God always manages to smack me in the face with the lesson He wants to teach me. it was good though. after re:charge i took the step to resolve the conflict that i was having, and i felt so much better afterwards. God's funny.

tomorrow i'm going on campus because i start work wednesday. it's supposed to be up to the 90's on wednesday. definitely going to have to try to stay hydrated, but i'm excited to finally start working!

p.s. totally irrelevant to this post, but the new incubus album is AWESOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment