Thursday, March 18, 2010

i'm a shipwreck...

I'm a shipwreck
A sailor lost at sea
You're a tidal wave
And you're crashing over me
Caught in your current but I'm sinking
I am drowning peacefully

Crying out come rescue me with love
Like a child needs a night light in the dark
Lord light me up I'm lovesick for just one touch
You're all I need but you never seem to be enough
~lovesick, tenth avenue north

"you're all i need but you never seem to be enough..." theme of my life.

i was on the phone with my mom tonight and afterwards i felt so broken and lost. i felt helpless because things with my grandfather are not going so well and my mom was emotionally worn and i couldn't do anything to help. and that frustrated me, which made conversation with my mom frustrating because we were both getting irritated by stupid things.

i finally took time and journaled, which i haven't done in a really long time. i don't know why i always forget how good i feel afterwards. i know it doesn't fix things, but it helps me to be honest with myself and to be honest with God. i mean he already knows everything, so i guess it's more just being honest with myself and letting God know that i'm being honest with myself. but anyways it feels good. it's refreshing. i'm just stupid and never give myself the time to do it. i'm determined to change that and try to journal every other night. as well as blog more.

i'm going to the scrap exchange with becky on saturday and i'm so excited! i love little random crafty things and this place is a treasure trove of little trinkets. i think it'll be good to get away from campus and everything here for a little, especially with becky and possibly kelly. they're good people, and that's what i need right now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment