Tuesday, December 21, 2010

lesson learned

i have learned two major lessons in the past 24 hours. okay, one major, one not so major.

lesson one:
when you own expensive equipment, i.e. digital slr, purchase the proper carrying equipment i.e. camera bag, so said equipment does not break. last night my camera fell out of my purse, out of my car, onto the ground and one of my lenses broke. luckily it was the cheaper of the two lenses, however, it still stunk.

lesson two:
stop freaking out about things that "i've" done wrong and realize that ultimately, i am not in control of this life. God has everything planned for me. so when i think i've "sabotaged my own life," in reality, God is just trying to teach me something and everything will work out and be fine.

it's moments like this in my life that i would like to record so that when another freak out moment approaches, i can re-play this and be like "see scarlett, everything worked out, didn't it? you didn't have to stress, scream, or cry (haha...cry) now did you?" however, i unfortunately know myself and know that while i have this knowledge in this moment, i will somehow find a way that this current moment does not apply to future freak out moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment